In its short time serving tasty nuevo-american cuisine to hungry Stone’s Corner natives, Shady Palms has amassed a range of plaudits, awards, and press. With the same team behind it as local stalwart Lady Marmalades Cafe, Shady Palms continues in the tradition of casual affordable dining. .
However, with this new venture Mal Gill & Bec Saul add an extensive beer, wine and cider range.
This heady combination of expansive outdoor courtyard, extensive boutique brews and award winning food has proven a winning formula. Below are just some of the awards so far received by the Shady Palms team at state and national level for sandwiches, cafe, breakfast, lunch, coffee, catering, wraps, and simply as a destination that people love to take friends and colleagues for a few “sundowners”
– Map Magazine- Best New Café- runner up Eat Drink Awards 2012
– Map Magazine 2012- Best Place for Breakfast- runner up
– Map Magazine 2013 Best Place for Lunch- Winner!
– Great Australian Sandwichship (Courier Mail article)
– Qld’s Best Sandwiches 2012- Mal Gill
– Australias Best Wrap- Mal Gill
– Qld’s Best Sandwiches 2013- Mal Gill
– Australia’s Sandwich King 2013
– Australia’s Best Lunch Roll- Bec Saul
– Courier Mails 2011- Brisbanes Best Sandwiches
– Gourmet Traveller Australian Good Food Guide 2011
– Australia’s Best Coffee Guide 2012
– Qld Good Food Guide 2012
– Must Do Brisbane blog
– Urbanlist- Brisbanes Best Catering
– The Good Guide 2011, 2012, 2013